“A Legacy of Achievement, Leadership, Service and Brotherhood in North Texas”
(An abbreviated history of the Dallas Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.)
The legacy continues.........
NAME CHAPTER YEAR
L. C. Anderson
Charles H. Bynum Epsilon Spring 1924
William Henry Fort Alpha Delta Spring 1928
Carl Jack Hines
J. S. Jacques Epsilon Spring 1921
Samuel E. Lassiter Xi Spring 1920
Bert V. Wadkins Beta Fall 1929
Richard S. Watson Epsilon Spring
Floyd F. Wilkerson Marshall Alumni Spring 1934
L. Virgil Williams Pi Spring 1922
“Achievement in Every Field of Human Endeavor.”
Why is Dallas Alumni called “The Mecca?”
1. We are the oldest and most prestigious chapter in North Texas.
2. We are the 2nd largest chapter in the largest state in the largest province in Kappa.
3. We support several organizations and causes both locally and nationally.
4. We have a membership that consists of business, educational, community and political leaders.
5. We have been awarded Chapter of the Year at the Grand Chapter and Province levels.
6. We hosted one of the best ever Conclaves in 1988.
7. We have hosted a Grand Board of Directors meeting and numerous provincial meetings.
8. We have produced 3 Elder Watson Diggs Awardees.
9. We have produced 4 Southwestern Province Polemarchs.
10. We have produced other officers and leaders at the Grand Chapter and Province levels.
11. We have a Kappa League program that is one of the best in the entire fraternity.
12. We have our own fraternity house (since 1990) that is located in the heart of the community.
13. We have our own 501 C3 non-profit arm (Guide Right Foundation of Dallas, Inc.)
14. We have hosted our signature social event (Kappa Karnival / Kasino Night) for over 30 years.
15. We host one of the largest annual Kappa gatherings/reunions each fall (PV/Grambling Tailgate.)
16. In 2013 Dallas Alumni became the new host chapter for a revamped annual summer youth program,
The Dallas [TX] Alumni Chapter
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
2515 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75215